According to local interpretation the name Bhandara is a corruption of Bhanara. Reference to Bhanara is found in an inscription of 1100 A.D.traced at Ratanpur. The district was under regency administration from1818 to 1830. Prior to 1820, the district was administered from Lanji,thereafter the headquarters of the district were shifted from Lanji toBhandara in 1820-21. The area became British Territory in 1853. In 1881 there were only two tahsils viz., Tirora and Sakoli in the district. There were no major changes in the boundaries of the district or its talukas between 1911 and 1955 exceptthat the headquarters of Tirora tahsil were shifted to Gondiya and name of the tahsil was changed to Gondiya tahsil in 1914.From 1947 to 1956 the district of Bhandara along with the other districts of Vidarbha region continued to form a part of the central provinces. With the reorganization of states in 1956, Bhandara district was transferred from Madhya Pradesh to the Bombay State, which came into existence in the same year. In 1960,with the formation of the state of Maharashtra it formed a part of the newly created State.
NEWS & UPDATES
- NHM , DISTRICT HOSPITAL BHANDARA , CONTRACTUAL POST FOR THE POST OF SPECIALIST & MEDICAL OFFICER UNDER IPHS & NRC Programs.
- National Health Mission Staff Nurse, Staff Nurse (PBS_PHC), Cold Chain Technician, RBSK Medical Officer (Male), RBSK Medical Officer (Female), RBSK Statistical Investigator Recruitment Skill Test & Interview Final Eligible Candidate List Dated 19 October, 2018.
- Eligible Candidate’s List of Special Public Prosecutor for Interview on 26/10/2018 at 10 am at Collector Office Bhandara.
- Local Holiday 2018 – District Bhandara
- Aaple Sarkar Seva Kendra List – Bhandara District
- Seniority list Mandal Officer
- Senior Clerk seniority list as on 1 jan 2018
- Seniority List – Clerk 2017